Position Title: Housing Specialist
Supervisor: SSVF Program Manager
Work Schedule: Full Time
SUMMARY: The Housing Specialist I shall provide direct services to enable eligible clients to locate affordable, safe and sanitary housing. The Housing Specialist will network with owners and managers of housing units, and maintain a list of landlords that can readily assist our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for identifying and engaging landlords through a variety of methods in order to develop sufficient affordable housing stock for RRH program
• Assists eligible families in locating and renting suitable housing; computing and preparing financing arrangements and monitoring owner/tenant compliance with standards
• Maintain linkage between Agency, landlord and client
• Develop and maintain (i.e., update) a database/listing of available housing stock for clients
• Responsible for coordinating and/or performing Housing Inspection
• Makes referrals to agencies and departments for the resolution of applicant housing issues
• Investigates tenant and owner complaints and conducts follow-up visits
• Makes appropriate referrals for assistance when client’s needs cannot be met
• Maintains required client, legal and administrative record and statistical data as required by SVdPSP and program funders including use of HSMIs
• Responsible for collecting all necessary documentation for client files
• Networks and collaborates with other agencies and represents the agency at community functions, which may include public speaking and presentations as directed by Program Manager
• All other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates a commitment to serve all people with respect and compassion
• Works in a spirit of cooperation with all external and internal stakeholders
• Valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record if driving an agency vehicle or a personal vehicle for company business.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Able to speak, write and understand English
• Possess basic computer skills
• Must be sensitive to and respect cultural diversity amongst clients, staff and volunteers and able to work with diverse racial, ethnic and economic groups
• Flexible work schedule including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to set appropriate limits, work under deadlines and multi-task
• Ability to organize, prioritize, self-motivate, and deliver results
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Possess strong work ethics
• Successfully pass Law Enforcement background screening
• Mission driven attitude supplemented with integrity and passion.
• Adherence to the highest ethical standards, personally and professionally.
• This position requires a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
• Minimum two years’ experience serving homeless or at-risk families and/or individuals in crisis
St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. EEO/ADA/DFWP Employer.